Friday, April 30, 2010

People Get Ready

I have always wanted to do this.
I dipped my toes in with Facebook notes and then decided that I really am narcissistic enough to want entire pages dedicated to my ramblings.
I know I am not the only one who wonders if anyone else gives a fig, but I go forth into this vast arena armed with only my best intentions and maybe a few amusing anecdotes.

I named this blog after an event from my childhood from which I have forever been identified.
At the age of 3, I was climbing the stairs from the basement, just a few steps behind my Mom. As she distractedly switched off the light at the top of stairs I exclaimed, "Somebody is not afraid" while rushing up the last few stairs before the darkness could bite my heels.
I have taken on this type of attitude in most of my life's adventures. I try to look and sound brave while I do things that I am not totally sure I can. I am convincing myself even more than I try to convince others.

No comments:

Post a Comment